Green Cards Through Consular Processing (Immigrant Visas)
We help U.S citizen and lawful permanent resident petitioners file for their family members who are currently living abroad so that they may enter the U.S. with permanent residence. The steps involved include:
- Petitioner files a petition with USCIS (Department of Homeland Security) within the U.S.
- Upon approval of the petition, the file is transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC) to begin processing with the Department of State.
- The NVC requests the beneficiary’s immigrant visa application with supporting documents.
- The NVC requests the petitioner’s Affidavit of Support (financial information) to demonstrate that the beneficiary will not need public benefits.
- When the NVC file is complete, it will be transferred to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate where the beneficiary resides and the beneficiary will be scheduled for an interview.